Listed below are the terms and conditions relating to the rental of properties through Chalet Accélère (229 Chemin des Plagnettes, 74110, Morzine, France), operated by Ben Cavet, Morzine 74110. Hereafter referred to as ‘Chalet Accélère’, ‘we’ and ‘us’.
These T’s and C’s together with the booking form, which will be completed by the group leader (hereafter known as the Client), will act as a contract between Chalet Accélère and all persons listed on the booking form.
Booking and Cancellation
1. a) To reserve a property the Client either uses the on-line enquiry/booking facility for immediate confirmation of availability or contacts us by email or phone. To confirm a reservation the client should then complete the booking form and send it with payment of the initial non refundable deposit (25% of the total rent due).
b) Following successful processing of the deposit payment, Chalet Accélère will send by email a confirmation invoice and receipt. This is the formal acceptance of the booking. Payments can be made by Bank Transfer.
2. The balance of the rental amount is payable 8 weeks before the start of the rental period. Chalet Accélère will inform you of the date final payment is due on your confirmation invoice. If the balance payment is not successfully processed two weeks after the due date, we reserve the right to give notice in writing that the reservation is cancelled and the original deposit will not be refunded. Reservations made within 8 weeks of the start of the rental period require full payment at the time of the booking.
3. A security deposit of 500 euros for every rental period is required in case of, for example, additional cleaning and/or damage to the property or its contents. However, the sum reserved by this clause shall not limit the Client’s liability to Chalet Accélère. The security deposit needs to be sent with final payment and will be refunded 48 hours after departure, once Chalet Accélère has checked the property and its contents.
4. Subject to clause 2 above, in the event of a cancellation, refunds of amounts paid will be made only if Chalet Accélère is able to re-let the Property, and any expenses or losses incurred in so doing will be deducted from the refunded amount. The Client is strongly recommended to arrange a comprehensive travel insurance policy (including cancellation cover) and to have full cover for the party’s personal belongings, public liability etc.
5. Payments for properties must be made in one lump sum by the group leader and not in multiple payments by individuals.
6. The rental period shall commence at 4pm on the first day and finish at 10am on the last day. Chalet Accélère shall not be obliged to offer the accommodation before the time stated and the client shall not be entitled to remain in the accommodation after the time stated.
7. The maximum number to reside in the Property must not exceed the number stated on our website unless we give written permission.
Responsibilities and Behaviour
8. a) The client agrees to be a considerate tenant and to take good care of the Property and to leave it in clean and tidy condition (‘as found’) at the end of the rental period. Although a final clean is included in our prices, we reserve the right to make retention from the security deposit to cover additional cleaning costs and damage incurred if the Client leaves the Property in an unacceptable condition.
b) An acceptable state to leave the property requires the client to complete the following:
Removal of all rubbish and recycling; dishwasher emptied or turned on.
9. The Client must also agrees not to act in a way which would cause disturbance to those residents in neighbouring properties, and to respect any local residential by laws regarding noise at night time – noise after 11pm is not tolerated.
10. The client shall report to Chalet Accélère without delay any defects in the Property or breakdown in the equipment, machinery, or appliances in the Property or garden, and arrangements for repair and/or replacement will be made as soon as possible.
Damages and Additional Cleaning
11. In the event of any damage occurring at the property Chalet Accélère will reserve the right to deduct the appropriate costs from the clients security deposit in order to complete full repairs or replacements.
12. As stated in clause 8 if the property requires additional cleaning at the end of the clients stay, costs will be deducted from the security deposit.
13. If any damage or additional cleaning costs exceed the 500 euros security deposit then the client will be held responsible for meeting the final costs of repair or replacement.
14. No smoking is allowed in the property. Smoking related fires invalidate the insurance for the property and the Client would assume responsibility for any damage.
Liability and Force Majeure
15. a) Chalet Accélère shall not be liable to the Client:
– for any temporary defect or stoppage in the supply of public services to the Property, nor in respect of any equipment, machinery or appliance in the Property or garden.
– for any loss, damage, or injury which is the result of adverse weather conditions, riot, war, strikes or other matters beyond the control of Chalet Accélère.
– for any loss, damage, or inconvenience caused to or suffered by the Client if the Property shall be destroyed or substantially damaged before the start of the rental period and in such an event, Chalet Accélère shall, within seven days of notification to the Client, refund to the Client all sums previously paid in respect of the rental period.
b) Under no circumstances shall Chalet Accélère’s liability to the Client exceed the amount paid to the Client for the rental period.
16. Clients are responsible for maintaining security at the property and must not leave windows and doors open whilst out of the chalet. Chalet Accélère will not be held responsible for any loss of possessions, due to negligent security by the clients.
17. a) All information on the Chalet Accélère website is provided in good faith and believed to be correct at the time of writing.
b) In the event of any conflict between the client and Chalet Accélère the T & C’s will prevail.
Terms of Contract
18. This contract shall be governed by French law in every particular including formation and interpretation and shall be deemed to have been made in France. Any proceedings arising in connection with this contract may be brought in any court of competent jurisdiction in France.
19. We have always managed your data responsibly and that is never going to change. Chalet Accélère do not disclose Clients’ information to third parties other than when details are processed as part of the booking fulfilment i.e Transfers, Ski Hire, Ski Passes etc.
In this case, the third party will not disclose any of the details to any other third party.
Information correct as of October 2019